I remember what it’s like to be struggling with infertility AND have it be Mother’s Day. I remember it feeling like torture. Like everywhere you turned there were happy mom’s and their too cute kids, and you just desperately want to be in that “club”.
Here are some things to remember as Mother’s Day approaches:
- It’s ok to not do ANYTHING on Mother’s Day, trust me your own mom will understand.
- It’s also ok to literally not leave your house so you don’t run into any pregnant women, moms, babies, kids, that’s why they created things like Grub Hub, or send your husband out for food (and wine).
- It’s ok to totally avoid social media, it can feel like a punishment to surf along and see all the cute pics and gifts.
- It’s ok to feel like no one understands how you feel, unless they’ve been there, they probably don’t.
- Hug your pets (if you have them) they love you and consider you their furr mom!
Some survival tips:
- Nothing brightens your spirits like laughter, whatever makes you laugh DO IT!
- Go see a movie!
- Go out to dinner with your husband (since everyone else went to brunch)
- Do something for yourself (a massage, or getting your nails done)
- If you can, get outta town!
Most importantly, however you feel, remember it’s ok!!! You are going through a stressful time, and those feelings are normal, every woman who has walked in your shoes has felt the same way, and you will get through it AND be stronger in the end (promise)!!!
A Woman Who Gets It, Cuz I’ve Been There